About one year before your arrive in Germany you should find answers to the following questions:
Study programme and place of study
- Where can I find the course and degree programme which I want to study in Germany?
- Which type of higher education institution is the best for me, university or university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule)?
- How do I finance my studies? How much money do I need each month for living?
- Can I get a scholarship or grant for my studies in Germany? What are the requirements and how can I apply for a scholarship?
- Which proof of German language proficiency do I need? Which German language certificates or tests are recognised by German higher education institutions? Where can I take a course of German language?
- What other languages do I need to speak if I want to study in Germany? (English, French, or even Latin?)
- When is the deadline for application? What application papers do I have to use, and in which form do I have to send them to the place of application?
- Do I have to apply directly at the university, via uni-assist or via hochschulstart?
- If I have chosen art, music or sport as my subject of study – when do I have to sit an aptitude test?
- Are there admissions-restrictions for my chosen subject?